Activity of the Faculty
Activity of the Faculty
The Faculty of Pedagogy “St. Kliment Ohridski” – Skopje as part of the integrated State University “Ss. Cyril and Methodius” in Skopje, is the largest educational and research institution in the area of teacher education in the Republic of Macedonia.
Since its founding, 21 years ago, the Faculty has become exceptionally successful in the following areas:
- Undergraduate studies (first cycle studies)
- Master’s studies (second cycle studies)
- Research work (fundamental, developmental and applied, domestic and international projects)
- Publishing (textbooks, anthologies, monographs, scientific and professional literature, etc.)
- The doctoral studies were accredited in December 2016 (third cycle studies)
The patron of our Faculty, Saint Kliment Ohridski, the great Slavonic teacher and medieval writer, founder of the Ohrid Literary School and the first Macedonian archbishop, is ourever-present inspiration and motivation.
Our mission is to provide quality and continuous education for highly-educated teaching staff, trained to conduct modern and creative educational process in the preschool institutions and the primary schools,with competencies to work according to the world educational standards.
- We believe and promote:
- Fairness, objectivity, transparency and respect of the highest ethical norms
- Continuous development of syllabi by introducing new curricula and departments
- Freedom of the creative expression and the expression of the personal opinions
- Encouraging creativity and innovation in the modern educational process
- Constant improvement of the quality of the instruction and the research-applicative activities with the use of the modern instructional technology
- Providing stimulating environment for individual professional development
- Respecting diversities, providing collaboration and support among the different ethnic groups
- Gaining recognition in our country and abroad.
The vision of the professors, associates and the employees at the Faculty of Pedagogy “St.Klimen tOhridski” – Skopje in the future is to:
- Keep the leading position in university education dealing with preschool and elementary school teacher training.
- Raise the standards of our syllabi for acquiring adequate knowledge, skills and abilities needed in the modern world of global education.
- Increase the collaboration with renowned universities from abroad.
- Promote the development of various aspects from the area of education and take part in the realization of research work and applicative projects in the country and abroad.